If you can’t find trinity blend with the prepared produce, you can make your own with 3/4 cup onion, 3/4 cup celery, and 1/2 cup bell pepper.
- 4 oz chopped andouille sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 8-oz pkg fresh trinity blend
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 15-oz can unsalted kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 2 8.8-oz pkg precooked brown rice
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add sausage; cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, trinity blend, and red bell pepper; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in beans and next 4 ingredients (through ground red pepper). Cover, bring to a simmer, and cook 4 minutes. Mash half of bean mixture in pan. Stir in rice; cover, and cook 4 minutes. Sprinkle with green onions. Serves 4 (serving size: about 2 cups rice mixture).
I chose to serve this with Almond-Garlic Spinach. The recipe follows.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 thinly sliced garlic cloves
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes or until aromatic and golden-brown.
- Add spinach and salt; cook 3 minutes or until spinach is slightly wilted. Stir in almonds. Serves 4 (serving size: about 2/3 cup).