You can try switching out the cucumbers and tomatoes for carrots and broccoli in these quickly-made bowls.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/12 cup uncooked whole-wheat Israeli couscous
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp whole buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh dill, divided
- 12 oz skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 small English cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high. Add couscous; cook 3 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring frequently. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 14 minutes or until done. Drain; rinse with cold water. Drain again.
- Combine yogurt and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) in a bowl. Stir in 1 tbsp dill. Divide cooked couscous evenly among 4 bowls. Arrange chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, and feta evenly over couscous. Top each serving with about 3 tbsp yogurt mixture; sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 tsp dill. Serves 4 (serving size: about 1 3/4 cups).
I chose to serve this with Roasted Carrots with Pine Nut Gremolata. Starting the carrots at a high temp gives them a nice browned exterior; finishing them off at a lower temperature. You can also pair this with a nice fish.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb small carrots, trimmed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1 tsp grated orange rind
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp malt vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss olive oil, salt, and pepper with carrots on a baking sheet. Bake at 450°F for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 325°F (but keep pan in oven). Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Combine parsley, chives, pine nuts, orange rind, and garlic. Add to carrots with vinegar; toss. Serves 4 (serving size: about 4 oz).