This is so simple to prepare, and the gravy is a fantastic recipe to keep on hand for other proteins, such as poached eggs or chicken.
- 4 6-ounce bone-in center-cut loin pork chops
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 cup lower-sodium tomato juice, divided
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 1 pound yellow squash, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Sprinkle pork with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high. Add pork; cook 5 minutes o each side. Remove from pan.
- Combine 1/2 cup tomato juice and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add cornstarch mixture, remaining 1/2 cup tomato juice, stock, garlic powder, and onions to pan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Stir in 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1 tbsp parsley, and 1 tbsp butter.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp butter in a skillet over high heat until foamy. Add squash; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining 1/2 tsp salt, remaining 1/4 tsp pepper, and remaining 1 tbsp parsley. Serve pork with sauce and squash. Serves 4 (serving size: 1 pork chop, 1/3 cup sauce and 3/4 cup squash).