To balance out the meal, serve this pasta alongside a crisp romaine salad with bright acidic dressing.
- 8 ounces uncooked penne
- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken cutlets
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 7 ounces fresh spinach
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 ounces fresh pecorino Romano cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup pasta cooking water.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or just until done. Remove chicken from pan; thinly slice across grain.
- Return pan to medium heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add spinach, red pepper, and garlic; cook 3 minutes or until spinach wilts. Add cooked pasta, reserved pasta cooking water, chicken, lemon juice, and cheeses to pan; toss to coat. Cook 1 minute or until cheeses melt. Serve immediately. Serves 4 (serving size: about 1 1/2 cups).