Fresh herbs turn a couple of pantry basics into a beautiful glaze for chicken.
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp dry-roasted. unsalted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1 1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Bring stock and 1/8 tsp salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir in couscous. Remove pan from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and almonds.
- Combine 1/8 tsp salt, apricot preserves, vinegar, and rosemary in a glass bowl. Microwave at high for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; grill 3 minutes on each side or until done. Brush chicken with half of apricot mixture. Grill chicken 1 minute on each side or until done; brush with remaining half of apricot mixture. Serve with couscous. Serves 4 (serving size: 4 ounces chicken and about 1/2 cup couscous).