Here’s a quick, spicy dinner for nights where you don’t have much time to cook.
- 1 pound ground lean beef (7 percent fat or less)
- 1 cup small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 8 leaf lettuce leaves
- Combine beef, onion, jalapeño, garlic, cilantro, cumin, and salt in medium bowl. With damp hands, form mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties.
- Spray medium nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add patties and cook until instant-read thermometer inserted into side of each patty registers 160°F, 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Place burgers in buns with salsa and lettuce leaves. Serves 4 (serving size: 1 burger).