It might be a little warm for soup, but the lemon-ginger pairing gives a distinct brightness to this comforting soup.
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 1 4-ounce package presliced cremini mushrooms
- 4 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 8 ounces shredded skinless rotisserie chicken breast
- 3 cups chopped bok choy
- 1 8.5-ounce pouch precooked brown rice
- 1 tbsp lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon rind
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, ginger, and miso; sauté 4 minutes. Add mushrooms; sauté 2 minutes. Add stock, chicken, and bok choy; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes.
- While soup simmers, prepare rice according to package directions. Stir rice, soy sauce, salt, and pepper into soup; cook 4 minutes or until bok choy is tender. Remove from heat; stir in lemon rind and juice. Serves 4 (serving size: 2 1/4 cups).