Ripe tomatoes and fragrant basil give a brilliant and summery edge to this clam linguine. Serve with garlic bread and steamed green beans.
- 8 ounces linguine
- 3 8-ounce cans chopped clams
- 3 tbsp EVOO
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until just tender, about 10 minutes or according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, drain clams, reserving 3/4 cup of the liquid. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring for 30 seconds. Add the reserved clam liquid, lemon juice, and salt; bring to a simmer and cook until slightly reduced, 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomato and the clams; bring to a simmer and cook for 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
- Stir in basil and cream. Add the pasta and toss to coat with the sauce. Garnish with more basil, if desired. Serves 4 (serving size: about 2 cups each).