I feel like I haven’t blogged in so long! Between work and getting into a new exercise routine, I haven’t really had much time/energy to blog! Here’s a light version of Pork Lo Mein.
- 12 oz. boneless pork loin, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 8 oz dried Chinese egg noodles
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 3 cups coarsely shredded bok choy
- 1 8 oz can sliced bamboo shoots, rinsed and drained
- 6 tbsp thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- In a bowl combine meat, sesame seeds, ginger, and garlic. For sauce, in another bowl combine the next six ingredients (through sriracha sauce).
- Cook noodles in lightly salted boiling water according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Coat a wok or large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add celery and sweet pepper; cook and stir 4 minutes. Add bok choy, bamboo shoots, and green onions; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove vegetables from wok.
- Add sesame oil to wok; add meat mixture. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Push from center of wok. Stir sauce; add to center of wok. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in cooked noodles and vegetables. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until heated through. Serves 4 (serving size: about 1 1/2 cups).