While technically a type of preserve, Mango chutney is more savory than sweet, having warm spices, onion, and vinegar. It adds a tangy note to the sandwiches, but you can omit if you like. For extra toasty sandwiches, weigh down with a plate or heavy pan as they cook.
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley flakes
- 1 Granny Smith apple, grated (about 1 cup)
- 8 slices multigrain bread
- 8 tbsp mango chutney
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces sliced lower-sodium turkey
- Cooking spray
- Combine parsley and apple in a bowl. Spread each of 4 bread slices with 2 tbsp chutney. Top evenly with cheese, turkey, apple mixture, and remaining 4 bread slices. Coat sandwiches with cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sandwiches to pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned. Turn sandwiches; cover and cook 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Serves 4 (serving size: 1 sandwich).