Been on an asian-themed kick lately, as you can tell. Chili-garlic paste adds a spicy kick to this soup. If making it for others who may not like spicy stuff, you can leave it out and let everyone add the fiery condiment to their own taste.
- 4 ounces rice noodles
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp chili-garlic paste
- 4 5-ounce skinless boneless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 6 ounces snow peas, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, combine broth, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and chili-garlic paste in large skillet; bring to boil. Add chicken; return to simmer. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add yellow squash and peas and cook uncovered until chicken is cooked through, and vegetables are crisp-tender, 5 minutes longer.
- Divide noodles among 4 bowls. Top each bowl of noodles evenly with chicken,vegetable measure, and broth. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serves 4 (serving size: about 3 cups).