Chimichurri is a bright, spicy, herby sauce that serves as the perfect complement to buttery salmon, taking only a few moments to prepare in a food processor. Serve this with mashed potatoes and roasted broccoli.
- 2 cups spinach
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup and 2 tbsp EVOO, divided
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Puree spinach, garlic, lemon juice, oregano, crushed red pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper in a food processor. With the motor running, drizzle in 1/2 cup oil. Scrape down the sides and process again until well combined.
- Place salmon on the prepared baking sheet. Rub with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until it flakes easily with a fork in the thickest part, 8 to 10 minutes per inch of thickness. Serve with about 2 tbsp sauce. Serves 4 (serving size: 5 oz. salmon, 2 tbsp sauce each).