Turn mundane roast-beef sandwiches into a more fulfilling entrée by adding a garlicky broccoli rabe sauté.
- 8 ounces broccoli rabe, stem ends removed
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 4 garlic cloves, divided
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 8 slices rustic whole-grain bread
- 8 ounces thinly sliced low-sodium roast beef
- 3 ounces thinly sliced provolone cheese
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil in a sauce pan. Cut broccoli rabe into 2-inch pieces. Add to pan; boil 1 1/2 minutes. Drain. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil; swirl. Mince 3 garlic cloves; add to pan. Cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add broccoli rabe; cook 2 minutes. Stir in pepper and salt.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet; broil 2 minutes or until toasted. Cut remaining garlic clove in half; rub bread slices with cut side of garlic. Top 4 bread slices evenly with roast beef, broccoli rabe, and cheese. Broil 30 seconds or until cheese melts. Top with remaining bread slices. Serves 4 (serving size: 1 sandwich).