Toasted sesame oil and seeds release a huge depth of nutty flavor into this quick and easy entrée.
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 4 chicken breast cutlets
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces presliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1 12-ounce bag broccoli slaw mix
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat; add oil. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes, turning once. Remove from pan. Add mushrooms and bell pepper to pan; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add carrots and slaw to pan; stir-fry 90 seconds. Add soy sauce mixture; toss to coat. Remove from heat. Divide slaw among 4 plates; top each serving with 1 chicken cutlet. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and onions. Serves 4 (serving size: 1 chicken cutlet and 1 1/4 cups broccoli slaw).