If rotini isn’t your thing, feel free to use any short pasta instead (e.g. ziti).
- 8 cups water
- 8 oz uncooked rotini
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 8 oz sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved horizontally
- 2 lower-sodium turkey bacon slices, chopped
- 1/3 cup panko
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Bring 8 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add pasta; cook 5 minutes. Add green peas and sugar snap peas; cook 3 minutes or until pasta is done. Drain.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bacon to pan; cook 3 minutes or until bacon begins to brown. Add panko; cook 2 minutes. Remove panko mixture from pan. Add butter to pan; swirl until butter melts. Add green onions and garlic; cook 2 minutes. Stir in stock, salt, and pepper; cook 3 minutes. Stir in pasta mixture, juice, and Parmesan cheese; toss. Top with panko mixture. Serves 4 (serving size: 1 1/4 cups).