Finally, a dish with edamame that I enjoy! Serve this stir-fry with 1/2 cup cooked brown rice per serving.
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 14-ounce package firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 10-ounce bag frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 yellow or red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces (I did one of each, for colors’ sake only)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Whisk together coconut milk, broth, brown sugar, curry paste, and soy sauce in small bowl.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tofu, edamame, and bell peppers; stir-fry until bell peppers are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Re-whisk coconut milk mixture and add to skillet. Stir-fry until liquid has thickened slightly, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in basil. Serves 4 (serving size: 1 1/2 cups).