This quick and easy salad is perfect for any small amounts of leftover vegetables you might have on hand. If you have left over radishes, onions, bell peppers, or zucchini, thank about adding them.
- 2 tsp EVOO
- 4 1/4-pound skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 6-inch whole wheat pita breads
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- Heat EVOO in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Place in skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Transfer chicken to cutting board and let cool slightly; cut into thin slices.
- Meanwhile, to make dressing, whisk together broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp coriander, and remaining 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper in large bowl.
- Preheat broiler.
- Lightly spray one side of each pita bread with olive oil nonstick spray, then sprinkle lightly with remaining 1/4 tsp coriander and 1/4 tsp cumin. Arrange pita bread on broiler rack and broil 6 inches from heat until crisp, about 1 minute per side. Let pita bread cool slightly, then cut into bite-size pieces.
- Add chicken, pita, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, and mint to dressing and toss to coat. Serves 4 (about 1 3/4 cups).