- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1 1/2 tbsp white miso
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 2-inch piece peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 4 6-ounce flounder fillets
- 2 cups chopped baby bok choy
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 green onions, thinly diagonally sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp black or white sesame seeds
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl. Add carrots; sauté 2 minutes. Add stock and next 6 ingredients (through ginger); bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
- Add fish to pan. Top with bok choy and edamame. Cover; simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until fish is done.
- Remove fish from pan; divide evenly among 4 bowls. Divide stock mixture among bowls. Top evenly with green onions, bell pepper, and sesame seeds. Serves 4.