The interaction between the greek yogurt and the dill seems to give this dish its flavor. I’d never steamed seafood before but I think it turned out decent.
- 4 5-ounce salmon fillets
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp minced green onions
- 6 large Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Place salmon, skin side down, on large plate; sprinkle with 1 tsp lemon zest, garlic, cumin, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make sauce, stir together yogurt, dill, scallion, and remaining 1 tsp lemon zest in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Arrange lettuce leaves in bottom of large steamer basket. Sprinkle salmon with salt and arrange skin side down on top of lettuce. Set steamer basket in large skillet over 1 inch of boiling water. Cover tightly and steam just until fish is opaque in center, 6-8 minutes. Serve salmon with sauce. Discard lettuce leaves. Serves 4.