My Bears are on a BYE week today and I had no frozen meals to heat up, so I thought “Oh hell!” and whipped this up for lunch! This dish has a distinctly mediterranean flavor to it, with the use of sweet chili sauce and limes for basting the chicken and the use of cumin and apricots for the quinoa. It helps that it’s very filling without weighing you down too much as well!
Ingredients for Pilaf
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked qunioa, rinsed
- 3 dried apricot halves, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Ingredients for Chicken
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tsp grated lime zest
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 4 1/4-pound skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Lime wedges
- To make pilaf, heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and cumin. Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broth, quinoa, and apricots; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until qunioa is tender and liquid is absored, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in parsley.
- Meanwhile, to make chicken, stir together chili sauce, lime zest, and lime juice in small bowl. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Spray large skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning frequently and basting with chili sauce mixture, until chicken is cooked through, about 6 minutes. Serve chicken with pilaf and lime wedges. Serves 4.