Sorry for not updating in a while! I was out of town again! This is a nice healthy meal that is easy to make. It just takes a few hours because of having to marinate the steaks.
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp EVOO
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 1 14-pound T-bone steaks, trimmed
- Combine bell peppers, jalapeño, lime juice, EVOO, sugar and 1/4 tsp salt in blender; puree. Refrigerate 1 cup of sauce for serving.
- Add garlic and cumin to remaining sauce. Divide sauce between 2 large zip-close plastic bags; add 1 steak to each bag. Squeeze out air and seal bag; turn to coat meat. Refrigerate, turning bags occasionally, at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray; preheat grill to medium heat or prepare a medium-high fire.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle steaks with remaining 1/2 tsp salt. Place steaks on grill rack; grill until well marked and instant-read thermometer inserted into the side registers 145°F, 4-5 minutes on each side; transfer to cutting board and let stand 10 minutes. Cut each steak into thirds. Serve with sauce. Serves 6.