I’m not usually one for red meat, but I thought I’d give this a try. It’s pretty quick and easy to make. Honestly, making the slaw was the longest part of the preparation.
- 1 pound ground lean beef (7 percent fat or less)
- 1/4 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 red bell pepper, cut into matchstick strips
- 1/4 cup chopped freh cilantro
- Combine beef, bread crumbs, onion, 1/4 cup of hoisin sauce, and soy sauce in a bowl, mixing until just combined. With damp hands, shape mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties.
- Spray medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium heat. Add patties and cook 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, whisk together remaining 1 tbsp hoisin sauce, lime juice, and honey in a large bowl. Add cabbage, carrot, bell pepper, and cilantro and toss to combine. Serve burgers with slaw.