Sorry it’s been such a long time! This dish takes a little bit of time, but the outcome is a nice refreshing salad. Typically, panzanella is meant for the summer, but I was just in the mood!
- 1 8-oz skin-on salmon fillet (such as wild Alaskan)
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (about 1/2 cup uncooked)
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 English cucumber, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- Sprinkle salmon evenly with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Heat a medium skillet over high heat. Add 1 tbsp EVOO to pan. Add fillet, skin side down; cook 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-high; cook 4 minutes or until skin begins to brown. Turn fillet; cook 2 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Place fillet on a cutting board. Remove and discard skin. Flake fillet with a fork into small chunks.
- Combine flaked salmon, remaining 3/4 tsp salt, remaining 3/8 tsp ground black pepper, quinoa, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.