- 2 cups prechopped peeled butternut squash
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned unsalted black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- 6 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cooking spray
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add squash and 6 tablespoons water; cover and cook 6 minutes. Uncover and stir in kale, oil, and salt; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place 1/2 cup beans in a bowl; mash. Add remaining 1/2 cup beans and squash; toss. Divide mixture among tortillas; top evenly with cheese. Fold each in half over filling. Coat tortillas with cooking spray.
- Wipe skillet clean; return to medium heat. Add 2 quesadillas; cook 2 minutes on each side. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.